Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Inner Economist personalised podcast

Tyler Cowen on Marginal Revolution is offering a personalised podcast to everyone who pre-orders his book, Discover Your Inner Economist. The deal: you pre-order the book, you send TC an e-mail telling him you have done so and asking a question. He will then record a personalised podcast answering or at least attempting to address the question, which you can disseminate, post, link to...

I've been spending the last 11 years trying to persuade agents and editors that it would make good economic sense for intellectual profiles of editors to be made available (at least to me, at best more generally). I have put it in economic terms because publishing is supposedly about making money; I'd like to work with people I respect, but I think if they would humour me and give me decent information they'd make money. I have got absolutely nowhere with this -- but it occurred to me, seeing TC's offer, that perhaps a popularising economist would have better luck.

I've therefore sent him an e-mail. My guess is that he has grossly underestimated the response he'd get to the offer (the Marginal Revolution site seems to have gone down). At any rate, if you have a question you'd like answered in a personalised podcast, the book can be pre-ordered on Amazon here and the e-mail should be sent to tylersbook AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: