Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bloggrrrrrrrrr

Back in the dawn of time a young writer started a blog under the pseudonym Mithridates. I actually know who he is (we had already exchanged e-mails), but in my blog I took care not to blow his cover. Time passed time passed time passed and I suddenly noticed that Mith's posts on his blog were now being posted under the name Mifune. Since I was linking to the blog the potential for confusion was large. I enquired, and was told that Blogger was to blame: he had tried to relaunch the blog and been forced to assume a new identity. OK, OK, OK.... the blog has apparently been rerelaunched. Inspired by the wars between Britannia Pizza & Pasta and Britannia Pizza & Chicken, he is now operating under the new name of Mithirdates. And he has posted various clips from YouTube, including several of Mishima and one of the late, great Frank O'Hara, here.

4 comments:

Mithridates said...

I just discovered yesterday morning that I have different prescriptions for the my contact lenses. If you think that's unbelievable - my recent discovery of this fact - just wait. I also just discovered that I've been wearing the left in the right and the right in the left for about seven weeks now. Also, these are three week lenses, so there was a buildup about the consistency of mayonnaise on them.

This is in no way an excuse for the Mithridates/Mifune/Mithirdates snafu/snauf/snafu. Just further evidence that I'm permanently out to lunch.

Mithridates said...

"for THE my contact lenses"

juuuuuuuuuuuuuust shoot me

nsiqueiros said...

POW.

Helen DeWitt said...

Well, now everyone is going to be HOPELESSLY confused. Whatever happened to Mithirdates, they'll say.