Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm going over to Washington tomorrow for a few weeks to visit my mother, who has had another operation; probably going up to New York for a few days the second week of February. Might have another brunch somewhere in DC if anyone would like to come.

Meanwhile, a minor annoyance: spilled a drink on my MacBook a couple of weeks ago, had to replace. The good news: the new MacBook had Snow Leopard; it was possible to install Creative Studio ME, which I had previously only been able to install on the older Powerbook which was running on Tiger. The bad news: now that I have transferred all my Sites files over to the new machine, I am unable to connect to the server, and none of the sites turn up in the Files panel when I try to Manage Sites - even though there is no problem opening the files. (Somewhat unfortunately, the last time I did anything much with Dreamweaver was back in 2006.)

I wondered whether there might be a reader in either the DC area or in NYC who is au fait with Dreamweaver and would be willing to sit down with me and these luckless machines; it would be nice, obviously, if I could do everything on one.

9 comments:

Meredith Ramirez said...

I was one of the ones who missed your NYC brunch the first time. I'll be in DC the weekend of February 5th for a wedding. I might be able to make it if brunch is during the day on the 6th.

Anonymous said...

w4gw4eg

Anonymous said...

No expert w/ Dreamweaver, but being a web developer, I may be able to help out if the problem is still unresolved when you're in NY.

Anonymous said...

w4gw4eg

danhvidding said...

I have not used Dreamweaver in a while, but I am a web developer. I realize you have one similar offer already. But if that doesn't work out I will be happy to help you when you're in NY as well.

Helen DeWitt said...

Meredith - Not yet sure what's happening with regard to possible brunch, this weekend could be a good time.

Anon. and Dan, it would be wonderful if either of you could work out what the problem was (though whatever it is will probably turn out to be embarrassingly simple). It looks as though I will be going up to New York on Monday the 7th or Tuesday the 8th and staying for a few days, if either of you is free at some point it would be great if we could meet . . .

Meredith Ramirez said...

helen, i'm new york-based so if you have time, i can also meet you in new york when you're here.

Kweku said...

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the late reply. But if you're still in New York this weekend, and would still like some help figuring out Dreamweaver, send me an email at meyian@gmail.com, and let's set something up.

Best,
(Anon/Hassan)

Ahk4iePaiv8u said...

Off topic - I just finished "Your name here", and I would like to express my feeling about it - I found it excellent, and the greatest thing about this book is, that there's probably no filmmaker good enough, to be able to make a movie based on it, ever :)